Monday, January 5, 2009

Sleep Number Beds - Hard to sleep after doing business with them

Select Comfort, famous for its Sleep Number beds are a horrible company to deal with. We were recommended their products by our chiropractor. I personally did not think that they were better then the tempur-pedic beds that we had tried for half the price but I was talked into it by my fiance with the "what about when I get pregnant what if my needs change?" argument.

I ended up buying the King size memory foam bed because I liked the support that the foam gives me. I paid $4500 for this bed. I was expecting this thing to change my life for that much money.

The problems started the day they delivered it. The installers came in with a couple of plastic bags filled with some rolls of foam and a few other miscellanous parts. The bed came in my house in 5 bags. The installers took what looked like an air mattress and plugged it into a pump. The laid a few layers of foam down and zipped into the bed package and said here you are. I thought this bed would cost about $200 to make. The products did not seem like anything near what a $4500 bed should be like.

So we try it and I am not impressed. I go to the store and ask about a return and am told I have to disassemble it and drive it to the distribution store in Plymouth, MN. My fiance talks me out of returning because she likes the bed. I am mostly pissed at this point for overpaying for what I felt should have been a 900 dollar bed or so.

Then 40 days after I buy the bed they drop the price in half on my bed to $2250. This of course prompted a call from me to their customer service. I said I bought this bed about a month ago and its selling for half now, I want the difference. They said no. I asked for a supervisor, who also said no. I asked for a manager. They said they would take a message, they never called me back.

I called again and left another message for a manager, no one called me back again. I will be calling again.

I am basically pissed because I paid $4500 for a bed, and made two payments of $450 and still owe more then $1350 more then I could buy one for today.

The bed is OK at best. The customer service is a joke. They don't care about your satisfaction, just about their profits. Do not buy from them.

-Rye Rye

No comments:

Post a Comment